garlic, 1-3 cloves
2 cup garbanzo beans
1/2 tsp. cumin
1/2 tsp salt
1+tsp. lemon juice
2+ T olive oil
Mix and eat with bell peppers, cucumbers, carrots, celery, bread, etc.
I got this recipe from my sister-in-law Lisa. I LOVE the stuff - dipped with bread, veggies, my fingers, you name it. You can cook large batches of garbanzo beans (chickpeas) all at once and freeze them in 2 cup portions (leaving a little bit of the water from cooking in the bag) to make it easy. A food processor is ideal to mix it, but I only have a blender, so it comes out with some chunks, but still tasty good. Haha - I just put this post on my family blog - maybe that's why I never blog, I'm computer illiterate. :-)
mmmm I love hummus! I've heard it's really easy to make and this recipe proves that! I'll have to try it.
ReplyDeleteThe granola looks great too! Erin made some homemade granola and it was awesome and very similar to your recipe. She added dried cranberries, which added a nice fruity-sweetness to it!