14 c. oats
2 c. whole wheat flour or wheat germ
2 c. powdered milk
1 tsp. salt
1 1/2 cup coconut
2 c. oil
2 c. honey
1 T vanilla
1 tsp. mapleine
Mix dry ingredients in a large bowl. Combine oil, honey, and flavorings. Add to dry ingredients and mix well. Spread on two large cookie sheets. Bake at 250 for 45 minutes to 1 1/2 hours, depending on how crunchy you want your granola. You could add raisins and slivered almonds if you like. I've also added two peeled, cored, and finely chopped apples along with cinnamon to my granola before baking with good results.
I'm making this for the first time as we speak, and it smells so good baking in the oven, I had to put it on the blog. I love that you made this blog, Cidne. Cooking is one of my favorite things - I'd do it all day if I didn't have kids and it didn't make dishes to clean. As soon as I do get the kitchen spotlessly clean, I get the urge to cook, and the cycle repeats itself all over again. I'm sure you can relate. Whenever that happens Scott reminds me I wouldn't have to clean if I didn't always cook, but it's like an involuntary itch - I gotta scratch it.
No comments:
Post a Comment